23 Jul #055: Tristan White | The Physio Co
Trench Talk Podcast: Tristan White
Tristan White is the Founder and CEO at The Physio Co, a unique healthcare business that, in 2014, ranked No. 1 on BRW’s list of Australia’s 50 Best Places to Work. The Physio Co has ranked as one of Australia’s 50 Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years (2009-2018) along with being one of the Best Workplaces in Asia from 2015-2018.
In 2004, The Physio Co was born with just one team member, Tristan himself. Today in 2019, The Physio Co has over 150 employees which has been built on the back of Tristan’s obsession with company culture. His book “Culture is Everything” is a best seller on Amazon. His “Culture is Everything” blog has been listed multiple times by SmartCompany as one of Australia’s 20 best business blogs. And amongst many other awards, The Physio Co has been listed on BRW’s Fast 100 as one of Australia’s fastest growing SME’s.
During this chat, we covered:
- how Tristan thinks about culture
- some of the secrets to a great culture, including the reasons why documentation is so important
- The Physio Co’s business structure and how the team (which is now spread across Australia) communicates effectively
- what the first day looks like for new employees at The Physio Co
- Tristan’s own leadership style
- some of the challenges of building a large company including the event that lead to Tristan filling his diesel powered car with unleaded fuel, and
- how Tristan learns
To connect with or learn more about Tristan, head to tristanwhite.com.au.
If you enjoy Trench Talk, please remember to hit the subscribe button inside your chosen podcast player, more episodes can be found at xrm.com.au/podcast
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #055 with Tristan White…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback [email protected].