26 Mar #065: Tommy Mello | A1 Garage Doors
Trench Talk Podcast: Tommy Mello
Tommy Mello is the owner and operator of A1 Garage Door Service. He is also the host of the Home Service Expert podcast, and owner, partner, or investor in 14 other businesses ranging from Christmas lights and real estate to mobile apps.
In 2010, Tommy became the sole owner and operator of a single Phoenix-based garage door service business, which came with $50,000 in debt. Today, A1Garage generates north of $50 million dollars in annual revenue, with over 250 employees in 12 states.
Tommy is a regular contributor to Inc., Entrepreneur, and other business publications on the topic of entrepreneurship and small business as well as a sought after podcast, radio and television guest.
During this chat, we covered:
- Tommy’s journey building his company
- company manuals and why they are the foundation of a business
- how Tommy finds A+ players to join his team and the strategy he uses to attract people from outside his industry
- introducing performance-based pay
- finding the right customers and why you need to know your market
- using Technology in home service businesses
- where to start with your marketing
- growing through acquisition
- his goal to create North Americas largest and most trusted Garage Door Company and, and, as always,
- much more
You’ll find A1 Garage Doors at a1garage.com. You can find out more about Tommy at homeserviceexpert.com where you’ll also find his podcast. You can get his book at homeservicemillionare.com and is email address is [email protected].
To get every episode of Trench Talk on release please remember to hit the subscribe button in your chosen podcast player.
Enjoy Trench Talk Episode #065 with Tommy Mello…
For a transcript of our conversation, click here and turn on the subtitles for this episode which can be accessed from the settings icon.
Feel free to email us with any suggestions or feedback [email protected].